Information contained in the news releases are current as of the date of the press announcement, but may be subject to change without prior notice.
New EMC Filters for Power Lines Released under TDK-Lambda Brand
Industry's most extensive product lineup* includes 13 series and 234 models
March 26, 2007
TDK Corporation and Densei-Lambda K.K. announced today that they have jointly developed and newly-designed power line EMC filters for release under the TDK-Lambda brand name. The extensive lineup includes 234 models in 13 series. Sample shipments will begin in April 2007 and mass production will start in July.
As electronic devices become more advanced and incorporate additional features, power supplies are extensively using high frequency switching circuitry making EMC reduction increasingly more important. Mandatory legislation is in place to ensure compliance with EMC regulations, both domestically and internationally, to prevent malfunctions from external and radiated noise.
Responding to market demands in 2006, TDK and Densei-Lambda launched several TDK-Lambda branded power supplies. Now in 2007, 13 new series of TDK-Lambda branded EMC power line filters have been introduced, co-developed by integrated design and development divisions.
The EMC filters use TDK's high performance ferrite cores and capacitors, the latter using compositional and sintering control technologies.
The new line-up is available with a choice of single-phase or three-phase input and general-purpose or wide band, high-attenuation performance. The three-phase high-attenuation series is available in three case styles; low profile, book, and cube. The three-phase filters range from 6 A to 1,000 A, while the single-phase filters extend from 1 A to 300 A.
This extensive offering is now greater than the combined current product lineups from both TDK and Densei-Lambda, allowing Engineers to select a filter that best meets their needs, regardless of how diverse the application.
Sample shipments will begin in April 2007 and mass production in July.
With the release of these 234 products, TDK and Densei-Lambda will use their marketing networks to engage in dynamic sales activities. The products will be on display at the TDK-Lambda booth at the Techno-Frontier 2007 exhibition that will open at the Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall on April 18.
* As of March 2007, according to TDK investigations.
- General-purpose inverters, AC servo devices, large-scale machine tools, medical equipment, and other industrial equipment such as semiconductor production equipment
- Extensive lineup of 234 products in 13 series.
- Products with terminal blocks use captive screws for enhanced workability.
- Three-phase, high-attenuation types available in three configurations with the same characteristics to fit in any mounting space.
Production and Sales Plan
- Production location : Japan
- Production capacity : 150,000 units/month
- Start of production : Sample shipments will begin in April 2007 and mass production will start in July 2007.
For further information, contact the Corporate Communications Dept.