- TDK will support the thrilling dramas unfolding in Beijing with a variety of corporate branding activities.
Aug. 17, 2015
TDK Corporation will support the 15th IAAF World Championships in Athletics, which will be held from August 22 to 30, 2015, as an official partner.
The 15th IAAF World Championships in Athletics are being hosted in Beijing, the capital of China and one of the centers of the world economy. Top athletes from more than 200 countries are scheduled to compete in 47 events. TDK will support these athletes from around the world as they challenge their personal limits.
TDK’s main activities as official partner of the tournament include:
- Men’s bib sponsor (TDK’s logo will appear on the bibs of male athletes.)
- Support for new world records (TDK will present $100,000 to any male athlete, who sets a new world record)
- The TDK logo will be displayed on LED advertising boards in the stadium.
- The TDK logo will be displayed on the LED board at the start of the 100-meter race.
- One infield advertising board with TDK logo will be displayed.
- Road race advertising boards with TDK logo will be displayed (along the marathon and competitive walking courses).
- The TDK brand video will be shown on the large screen in the stadium.
- A booth introducing TDK will be set up on Market Street in the precincts outside the stadium.
Furthermore, as well as the sponsorship of TV programs in Japan during broadcasting time, which will feature a new TDK commercial, a dedicated website for the World Championships will be set up on TDK’s global website. This page will have a photo gallery capturing dramatic moments in the world athletic events, as well as articles on the tournament and outstanding athletes, written in a tie-up with online sports site Number Web and updated daily. There will also be information on TDK’s long lasting partnership with the World Athletic Championships. Please visit TDK’s special website.
TDK has supported the World Championships in Athletics as a bib sponsor ever since the first tournament in Helsinki in 1983. Our desire in particular is to support those athletes, who continue the endless challenge of breaking records and to back young athletes who endeavor to attract the future. It is, after all, the same DNA as that of TDK, which, on the basis of its strength in magnetic technology, has continued to create technologies that change the future. The young athletes are like the young employees of TDK seeking to change the future through technology.
TDK has concluded an official partner contract with the IAAF until 2019, so we will be continuing to support the World Championships in Athletics as an official partner even after the Beijing tournament.
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's portfolio includes electronic components, modules and systems* marketed under the product brands TDK and EPCOS, power supplies, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2015, TDK posted total sales of USD 9.0 billion and employed about 88,000 people worldwide.
- * The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites, inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors.
Contact for media
Corporate Communications Group
|+81 3 email@example.com|