- Common-mode attenuation of 27.5 dB at 850 MHz
- Footprint nearly 60 percent smaller than existing products with same common-mode attenuation
May. 14, 2015
TDK Corporation has expanded its lineup of common-mode filters. The new TCM0403R thin-film common-mode filter offers a common-mode attenuation of 27.5 dB at 850 MHz in a 0403 package (0.45 mm x 0.30 mm), the world’s highest value for this case size. The footprint of the TCM0403R is nearly 60 percent smaller than the existing TCM0605R with same common-mode attenuation. In addition, the new filter features an extremely low insertion height of only 0.23 mm. With a cutoff frequency of 5.0 GHz and good common-mode attenuation characteristics in 500 MHz to 2.4 GHz range, the new filter suppresses common-mode noise without distorting high-speed differential signals. It is thus compatible with various high-speed interfaces such as MIPI, USB 2.0, and USB 3.0. The typical DC resistance is 3.5 Ω. As a result, the new TCM0403R thin-film common-mode filter significantly improves the WLAN reception sensitivity in smartphones, conventional mobile phones and other compact portable devices. Mass production began in May 2015.
The miniaturization was realized using TDK’s leading-edge thin-film patterning technology that it developed through HDD magnetic head manufacturing combined with compact, high-precision coil pattern and terminal formation processes. Thanks to its much smaller footprint, the new filter supports the high-density mounting of electronic components and contributes to significant space-savings in electronic devices.
- MIPI: the Mobile Industry Processor Interface is an open standard supported by the MIPI Alliance, which consists of nearly 200 members companies in the mobile device industry.
- Smartphones, conventional mobile phones, and other mobile devices
- Electronic devices with high-speed interfaces such as MIPI, USB 2.0, and USB 3.0
Main features and benefits
- High 5.0 GHz cutoff frequency for compatibility with high-speed interfaces
- Good common-mode attenuation characteristics in 500 MHz to 2.4 GHz range for improved mobile signal reception sensitivity; common-mode attenuation of 27.5 dB at 850 MHz
- Significant size reduction, combined with typical DC resistance of 3.5 Ω
attenuation [dB] typ. @ 850 MHz
Cutoff frequency [GHz] typ. DC resistance [Ω] typ. TCM0403R-900-2P 0.45 x 0.30 x 0.23 27.5 5.0 3.5
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's portfolio includes electronic components, modules and systems* marketed under the product brands TDK and EPCOS, power supplies, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2015, TDK posted total sales of USD 9.0 billion and employed about 88,000 people worldwide.
- * The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites, inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors.
- Product with background (jpg: 600.1 KB; 350dpi)
- Product without background (jpg: 845.6 KB; 350dpi)
- Press release (pdf: 131.3 KB; )
- Press release (rtf: 145.9 KB; )
- Further information on the products can be found under http://product.tdk.com/en/catalog/datasheets/cmf_commercial_signal_tcm0403r_en.pdf.
Contacts for regional media
|Japan||Mr. Akira TESHIMA||TDK Corporation
|ASEAN||Ms. Jiang MAN
Mr. Shota KANZAKI
|TDK Singapore (Pte) Ltd.Singapore||+65 6273 5022||TDK.ASEANemail@example.com|
|Greater China||Ms. Clover XU||TDK China Co., Ltd.
|+86 21 61962307||TDK.PR-CN@tdk.com|
|Europe||Mr. Frank TRAMPNAU||TDK Europe GmbH
|+49 211 9077 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|America||Ms. Sara M. LAMBETH||TDK Corporation of America
Irving, TX, USA