- Wide temperature range from -55 °C to +150 °C
- Improved mechanical strength and high reliability
- Qualified to AEC-Q200
Dec. 16, 2014
TDK Corporation has developed a new series of rugged power inductors for use in automotive electronics. The CLF6045NI-D wirewound SMD power inductors feature high efficiency and reliability over a very wide temperature range extending from -55 °C to +150 °C and offer rated inductance values from 1.0 μH to 470 μH (E6 series). Measuring in at 6.3 mm x 6.0 mm x 4.5 mm, the CLF6045NI-D types are available for rated currents of 0.28 A to 6.7 A and offer DC resistance values ranging from 1.1 mΩ to 1.30 Ω. Mass production will be launched in February 2015.
The new products are qualified to AEC-Q200, and thus fulfill the rigorous requirements of the automotive industry. Thanks to TDK's advanced materials technology the new components feature outstanding heat resistance. A new bonding process for the terminals enables a solderless structural design that features improved mechanical strength. The fully automated manufacturing process ensures the high reliability and quality of these components. As a result, the new inductors are suitable for use in applications in demanding automotive environments such as the power supply circuits of engine control modules (ECM) and ECUs for airbags, ABS, and headlights.
In addition to the 6 mm square form factor, TDK will subsequently introduce 5 mm, 7 mm, 10 mm and 12.5 mm square types, in order to offer a broad lineup of power inductors that is suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Applications in rugged automotive environments such as the power supply circuits of engine control modules (ECM) and ECUs for airbags, ABS, and headlights
Main features and benefits
- New, highly heat resistant material for use over a wide temperature range from -55°C to +150°C
- Solderless structural design with improved mechanical strength and high reliability
- RoHS-compatible and suitable for lead-free soldering to JEDEC J-STD-020D
Series Inductance [μH]at 100 kHz DC resistance [Ω] Rated current [A] I DC 1 I DC 2 CLF6045NI-D 1.0 to 470 0.011 to 1.30 0.28 to 6.7 0.41 to 4.8
I DC 1: Based on inductance change ratio (30% below nominal value)
I DC 2: Based on temperature rise (temperature rise of 40 K)
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's portfolio includes electronic components, modules and systems* marketed under the product brands TDK and EPCOS, power supplies, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2014, TDK posted total sales of USD 9.6 billion and employed about 83,000 people worldwide.
- * The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites, inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors.
- Product with background (jpg: 945.1 KB; 350dpi)
- Product without background (jpg: 1.1 MB; 350dpi)
- Press release (pdf: 130.4 KB; )
- Press release (rtf: 140.9 KB; )
Contacts for regional media
|Japan||Ms. Mari MIYAUCHI||TDK Corporation
|ASEAN||Ms. Jiang MAN
Mr. Shota KANZAKI
|TDK Singapore (Pte) Ltd.
|+65 6273 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Greater China||Ms. Clover XU||TDK China Co., Ltd.
|+86 21 email@example.com|
|Europe||Mr. Frank TRAMPNAU||TDK Europe GmbH
|+49 211 9077 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|America||Ms. Sara M. LAMBETH||TDK Corporation of America
Irving, TX, USA