- Excellent ESD protection capability according to IEC61000-4-2, level 4
- Suppression of TDMA noise generated by wireless communications
- Improved receiver sensitivity for wireless communications
- High permissible circuit voltage of 28 V DC for high power audio output
October 8, 2019
TDK Corporation (TSE:6762) has expanded its lineup of chip varistors with the new AVRF101U6R8KT242 for audio equipment, which offers both ESD and EMI protection. This product is intended for audio equipment that uses wireless communications in the 2.4 GHz band. Thanks to optimization of its capacitance of 6.8 pF, the multilayer component features high attenuation at this frequency and is able to effectively suppress the generated TDMA noise and thus improve receiver sensitivity. It offers excellent ESD protection according to IEC61000-4-2, Level 4 and has a maximum permissible circuit voltage of 28 V DC, making it suitable for high power class-D amplifiers. Key applications include smartphones, speakers and other wireless devices that operate in the 2.4-GHz band using wireless LAN and Bluetooth, for example.
Moving forward, TDK will continue to expand the product lineup in terms of chip sizes, bandwidth support range, and other specifications, in order to support a wide range of applications.
- TDMA noise: Unpleasant audible noise generated by speakers when high frequency communication signals intrude into a microphone line
- IEC61000-4-2: International Electrotechnical Commission's immunity standard on ESD
- ESD and EMI protection of audio equipment such as smartphones, speakers and other wireless devices that operate in the 2.4-GHz band using wireless LAN and Bluetooth
Main features and benefits
- Combined ESD and EMI protection
- Excellent ESD protection capability to IEC61000-4-2, level 4
- High permissible circuit voltage of 28 V DC
|AVRF101U6R8KT242||1.0 x 0.5 x 0.5
|28||6.8 pF ±10%||-20 max.|
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's comprehensive portfolio features passive components such as ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, as well as magnetics, high-frequency, and piezo and protection devices. The product spectrum also includes sensors and sensor systems such as temperature and pressure, magnetic, and MEMS sensors. In addition, TDK provides power supplies and energy devices, magnetic heads and more. These products are marketed under the product brands TDK, EPCOS, InvenSense, Micronas, Tronics and TDK-Lambda. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and automotive, industrial and consumer electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2019, TDK posted total sales of USD 12.5 billion and employed about 105,000 people worldwide.
- Further information on the products can be found under
Contacts for regional media
|Japan||Mr. Yoichi OSUGA||TDK Corporation
|ASEAN||Ms. Jiang MAN
Ms. Pei Lu LEE
|TDK Singapore (Pte) Ltd. Singapore||+65 6273 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Greater China||Ms. Clover XU||TDK China Co., Ltd.
|+86 21 email@example.com|
|Europe||Mr. Frank TRAMPNAU||TDK Europe GmbH
|+49 211 9077 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|America||Ms. Sara M. LAMBETH||TDK Corporation of America
Irving, TX, USA