- Capacitance range of 1 nF to 33 nF with a rated voltage of 1000 V
- Available in both C0G and NP0 temperature characteristics to ensure smallest temperature-dependent capacitance drift
- Qualified according to AEC-Q200
Mar. 15, 2016
TDK Corporation has expanded its CGA lineup of high-voltage MLCCs for automotive applications. The new CGA6 and CGA9 series of MLCCs, which have a rated voltage of 1000 V, feature types with capacitances ranging from 1 nF to 33 nF, the world's widest range*. The MLCCs are available with both C0G and NP0 temperature characteristics. They thus feature a temperature coefficient of 0 ±30 ppm/°C max. and temperature ranges of 55 °C to +125 °C and -55 °C to +150 °C, respectively. As a result, their capacitance drift over temperature is negligible. Moreover, the new capacitors exhibit nearly no drift over voltage and time, making them suitable for applications where high capacitance stability of the components is essential. The CGA6 and CGA9 MLCCs measure in with footprints of 3.2 mm x 2.5 mm (EIA 1210) and 5.7 mm x 5.0 mm (EIA 2220), respectively. Mass production began in March 2016.
Not only do the new MLCCs deliver an extremely constant capacitance under all conditions, their AC energy losses and heat generation are also extremely low. They are suited for use in the wireless charging units, DC-DC converters and onboard chargers in electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles, and wherever space savings and high performance are required.
Because the new products are qualified according to AEC-Q200 they are suitable for use in the engine compartments of automobiles and other automotive applications. Moreover, the MLCCs can be used in various other types of circuits in industrial equipment where high reliability is essential, for example in timer circuits, filter circuits, resonance and oscillation circuits, and snubber circuits.
- * As of March 2016, according to TDK data
- Wireless charging units
- DC-DC converters
- Onboard chargers for electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles
- High reliability applications in industrial equipment such as timer circuits, filter circuits, resonance and oscillation circuits, and snubber circuits
Main features and benefits
- World's widest capacitance range of 1 nF to 33 nF for high-voltage automotive MLCCs
- Rated voltage of 1000 V
- C0G and NP0 temperature characteristics with a temperature coefficient 0 ±30 ppm/°C max. and temperature ranges of -55 °C to +125 °C and -55 °C to +150 °C, respectively
Series Dimensions[mm] Temperature characteristics Rated voltage [V] Rated capacitance [nF] CGA6 (EIA 1210) 3.2 x 2.5 C0G* 1000 1 to 22 CGA9 (EIA 2220) 5.7 x 5.0 C0G* / NP0** 10 to 33
*C0G:Temperature coefficient 0 ±30 ppm/°C max.;-55 °C to +125 °C
**NP0:Temperature coefficient 0 ±30 ppm/°C max.;-55 °C to +150 °C
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's portfolio includes electronic components, modules and systems* marketed under the product brands TDK and EPCOS, power supplies, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2015, TDK posted total sales of USD 9.0 billion and employed about 88,000 people worldwide.
- * The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites, inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors.
- Product with background (jpg: 1.2 MB; 350dpi)
- Product without background (jpg: 477.5 KB; 350dpi)
- Press release (pdf: 56.5 KB; )
- Press release (rtf: 149.0 KB; )
Contacts for regional media
|Japan||Mr. Akira TESHIMA||TDK Corporation
|ASEAN||Ms. Jiang MAN
Mr. Shota KANZAKI
|TDK Singapore (Pte) Ltd.Singapore||+65 6273 email@example.com|
|Greater China||Ms. Clover XU||TDK China Co., Ltd.
|+86 21 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Europe||Mr. Frank TRAMPNAU||TDK Europe GmbH
|+49 211 9077 email@example.com|
|America||Ms. Sara M. LAMBETH||TDK Corporation of America
Irving, TX, USA