Sustainability | SocietyEmployee Performance Data
|Employment||Consolidated number of employees||Persons||99,693||102,883||104,781||107,138||129,284|
|Asia except Japan||78,495||80,125||82,061||84,624||106,849|
|Consolidated number of emplovees(non-regular)*1||Persons||33,614||31,831||28,705||25,173||21,577|
|Number of employees (TDK Corporation)||Persons||4,644||5,055||5,330||5,523||5,689|
|Average age (TDK Corporation)*||Years||43.7||43.7||43.7||43.6||43.5|
|Continuous service (TDK Corporation)*||Years||20.3||20||19||18.3||18.3|
|Recruitment of new graduates (TDK Corporation)*,*2||Persons||158||177||225||202||196|
|Mid-career recruitment (TDK Corporation)*||Persons||89||75||130||126||110|
|Job leavers/dismissals (TDK Corporation)*3||Persons||63||60||73||81||88|
|Work-life balance||Employees taking child care leave (TDK Corporation)*||Persons||18||29||23||41||30|
|Ratio of employees returning to work||%||100||100||100||100||100|
|Paid leave acquisition rate (TDK Corporation)||%||58.9||60.4||60.7||62.5||53.6|
|Number of employees taking nursing care leave (TDK Corporation)*||Persons||0||0||3||2||1|
|Diversity||Ratio of women in managerial roles (TDK Corporation) *4||%||1.2||1.4||1.4||1.8||2.3|
|Ratio of female senior managers (TDK Corporation)||1.0||1.0||0.7||0.7||1.5|
|Ratio of female managers (TDK Corporation)||1.3||1.6||1.6||2.2||2.5|
|Ratio of female assistant managers (TDK Corporation)||4.7||5.2||5.8||6.4||6.7|
|Ratio of employees with disabilities (TDK Corporation)||2.45||2.28||2.19||2.16||2.05|
|Staff training||Annual training hours per employee*5||Hours||17.4||49||37.1|
|Average amount spent per employee on training and development||Yen||6,095|
|Number of employees who completed Territorial Career Development Program (TCDP)*6||Persons||96||101||0|
|Number of GAMP, global management program graduates*7||Persons||17||24|
|Number of participants in the global English training program*6||Persons||2,442||3,613||3,614|
|Education and training expenses||million yen||242||239||239||285||342|
|Cumulative total of participants in overseas trainee program||Persons||28||32||35||40||40|
|Cumulative total of engineers sent to overseas universities||Persons||44||47||49||49||49|
|Freedom of Association||Ratio of employees represented by a union or covered by collective bargaining agreements*8||%||75.1||72.3||83|
|Employee Engagement||Ratio of employee job satisfaction (TDK Corporation)*9||%||95.1||93.8||93.4||93.6||93.1|
|Health and safety||Number of on-the-job Accidents (Japan) Lost Time Work Accident Case*||Cases||422||410||351||237||286|
|Number of accidents not requiring time off work||99||141||129||72||79|
|Number of accidents requiring time off work*,*10||323||269||222||165||207|
|Asian(other than Japan and China)||48||48||58||20||35|
|Number of significant labor accidents*,*11||1||0||0||0||0|
|Ratio of accidents per 1,000 employees*,*12||3.68||3.6||3.11||2.01||2.45|
|Accident Severity Rate (Japan)*13||0.007||0.005||0.004||0.017||0.001|
|Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate (Japan)||0.29||0.14||0.17||0.40||0.04|
- * Data has corrected.
- *1 Coverage is part time workers, temporary workers and manufacturing staff who work for subcontractors.
- *2 Employees who joined the company in April of the following year.
- *3 Regular employees only (excluding retirees).
- *4 Definitions and items have been reviewed and changed in data disclosure.
- *5 Covers programs run by the Global Human Resources Division.
- *6 The program was started from FY2018.
- *7 The program was started from FY2019.
- *8 Some countries and regions where it is difficult to know whether employees are represented by a union are not included.
- *9 Percentage of employees who chose the top two grades (2-3) on a three-point scale based on the job satisfaction survey.
- *10 One day or more off from work required.
- *11 Significant labor accident: an accident with remaining disability, required long-term nursing, or fatality.
- *12 Covers employees including dispatch workers.
- *13 Number of days lost per 1,000 hours worked.