Information contained in the news releases are current as of the date of the press announcement, but may be subject to change without prior notice.
Dissolution and Liquidation of Subsidiary
February 22, 2006
TDK Corporation announced today that the Board of Directors resolved on February 22, 2006 to dissolve and liquidate TDK Seiwa Corporation, a subsidiary of TDK, scheduled on September 30, 2006.
- Outline of TDK Seiwa
(1) Name: TDK Seiwa Corporation
(2) Headquarters: Nihonbashi 1-13-1, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-8272, Japan
(3) President: Masao Ishihara
(4) Capital: JPN¥100,000,000 ( TDK Corp. 99.7%, TDK Kyosaikai 0.3%)
(5) Business activities: Support health and welfare of the employees
(6) Number of employees: 2* Data is current as of end of January 2006.
- Reason for the Dissolution and Liquidation
TDK Seiwa's business field is limited and the business proved ineffective.
- Impact on TDK
Any impact arising from the dissolution and liquidation of TDK Seiwa Corporation that might affect the consolidated and non-consolidated business results of TDK is negligible.
For further information, contact the Corporate Communications Dept.