- TDK developed and launched a high-performance FOUP model compatible with next-generation 450 mm wafers and a new model for 300 mm wafers that offers enhanced cost competitiveness.
TAS450 Type A2
TAS450 Type A2
July 3, 2012
TDK Corporation developed two new FOUP* load port models (the TAS450 Type A2 and the TAS300 Type J1) for a semiconductor production equipment. Sales of both models will begin in July 2012.
An environment with a high degree of cleanliness is essential for state-of-the-art semiconductor device manufacturing processes, but this requires massive capital investment for large-scale air cleaning and other equipment. To control such capital investment, in recent years, automated transport systems that deliver semiconductor substrates (wafers) to completely sealed pods (FOUP) and shift the wafers between semiconductor production equipment have become the mainstream production method.
Summaries of the two new FOUP load port models that TDK developed and will launch are set forth below.
1. TAS450 Type A2New model supports next-generation 450 mm wafers and controls particles at the industry’s highest levels.
This product is the first state-of-the-art transport system for semiconductor production that can accommodate the large-diameter 450 mm silicon wafers that are expected to be a next-generation technology in the semiconductor industry.
Key features of this product are an innovation applied to the opening and closing door that prevents particles from entering the semiconductor production equipment from outside during wafer input and output and prevention of the generation of particles from the load port itself.
2. TAS300 Type J1New model achieves lighter weight and higher speed in the industry’s highest level and seeks enhanced cost competitiveness.
This product is a wafer transport system for 300 mm diameter wafers, which are currently used in manufacturing in the semiconductor industry, and was developed to provide higher cost competitiveness. The TAS300 Type J1 is the successor model to the Type H1 series introduced in 2009, and the overall weight of the load port has been reduced by half. In addition, door opening and closing for wafer input and output is approximately 40% faster than the H1 series. Like the TAS450 Type A2, an innovative door is used to prevent the generation and introduction of particles.
- FOUP: A semiconductor wafer delivery pod standardized by SEMI, an industry organization for semiconductor production equipment makers.
- Automated transport of silicon wafers between semiconductor production equipment
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's current product line includes passive components, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others. TDK today focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2012, TDK posted total sales of USD 9.9 billion and employed about 79,000 people worldwide.
- Product without background (TAS450 Type A2) (JPG: 356 KB; 350 dpi)
- Product without background (TAS300 Type J1) (JPG: 169 KB; 350 dpi)
- Press release (PDF: 38 KB)
- Press release (RTF: 145 KB)
Contacts for regional media
|Japan||Mr. Yoichi Osuga||TDK Corporation
|ASEAN||Ms. Tomoko Kameda||TDK Singapore (Pte) Ltd.
|+65 6273 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Greater China||Ms. Clover XU||TDK China Co., Ltd.
|+86 21 email@example.com|
|Europe||Mr. Frank Trampnau||TDK Electronics Europe GmbH
|+49 211 9077 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|America||Ms. Sara M. Reynoso||TDK Corporation of America
Irving, TX/ USA