- Wide temperature range from -55 °C to +150 °C
- Improved mechanical strength and high reliability
- Qualified to AEC-Q200
Sep. 27, 2016
TDK Corporation has further expanded its CLF-NI-D series of rugged power inductors with new types in three additional sizes: CLF5030NI-D with dimensions of 5.0 mm x 5.3 mm x 2.7 mm, CLF10060NI-D measuring 10.0 mm x 10.1 mm x 6.0 mm and CLF12577NI-D at 12.5 mm x 12.8 mm x 7.7 mm. The new power inductors for use in automotive electronics provide a high level of efficiency and reliability over a very wide temperature range extending from -55 °C to +150 °C, and have rated inductance values from 1.0 μH to 470 μH. Mass production will be launched in October 2016.
The new products are qualified to AEC-Q200. Thanks to TDK's advanced materials technology the new components feature outstanding heat resistance. A new bonding process for the terminals enables a solderless structural design that features improved mechanical strength. The fully automated manufacturing process ensures the high level of reliability and quality of these components, making these new inductors very well suited for applications in demanding automotive environments such as the power supply circuits of engine control modules and ECUs for airbags, ABS, headlights, and advanced driver assistance systems.
The new types complement the recently introduced CLF6045NI-D and CLF7045NI-D types and enable TDK to offer an even broader lineup of power inductors that are suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Applications in rugged automotive environments, such as the power supply circuits of engine control modules and ECUs for airbags, ABS, headlights, and advanced driver assistance systems
Main features and benefits
- New, highly heat-resistant material for use over a wide temperature range from -55 °C to +150 °C
- Solderless structural design with improved mechanical strength and high reliability
at 100 kHz
Rated current [A] I DC 1* I DC 2** CLF5030NI-D 5.0 x 5.3 x 2.7 1.0 to 470 0.019 to 4.4 0.24 to 5.0 0.17 to 3.7 CLF10060NI-D 10.0 x 10.1 x 6.0 0.0054 to 0.6 0.6 to 11.5 0.9 to 10.5 CLF12577NI-D 12.5 x 12.8 x 7.7 0.0048 to 0.59 1.0 to 22.0 1.1 to 11.5 Existing types CLF7045NI-D 7.0 x 7.4 x 4.5 1.0 to 470 0.009 to 1.2 0.41 to 8.5 0.46 to 6.5 CLF6045NI-D* 6.0 x 6.3 x 4.5 0.011 to 1.3 0.28 to 6.7 0.41 to 4.8
- * I DC 1: Based on inductance change ratio (30% below nominal value)
- ** I DC 2: Based on temperature rise (temperature rise of 40 K)
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's portfolio includes electronic components, modules and systems* marketed under the product brands TDK and EPCOS, power supplies, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2016, TDK posted total sales of USD 10.2 billion and employed about 92,000 people worldwide.
- * The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites, inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors.
- Product with background (jpg: 1.0 MB; 96dpi)
- Product without background (jpg: 2.1 MB; 96dpi)
- Press release (pdf: 133.1 KB; )
- Press release (rtf: 170.8 KB; )
- Further information on the products can be found under
Contacts for regional media
|Japan||Mr. Akira TESHIMA||TDK Corporation
|ASEAN||Ms. Jiang MAN
Ms. Pei Lu LEE
|TDK Singapore (Pte) Ltd.
|+65 6273 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Greater China||Ms. Jojo ZHOU||TDK China Co., Ltd.
|+86 21 email@example.com|
|Europe||Mr. Frank TRAMPNAU||TDK Europe GmbH
|+49 211 9077 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|America||Ms. Sara M. LAMBETH||TDK Corporation of America
Irving, TX, USA