May. 12, 2015
TDK Corporation has expanded its CCT series of clamp AC current sensors with two new types that are rated for 300 A and 80 A. The new sensors are designed for use in the power distribution panels in a variety of energy management systems. With a current transformation ratio of 3000:1 the 300-A and 80-A types offer maximum output currents of 100 mA and 26.6 mA, respectively. The new clamp AC current sensors have an integrated open-circuit protection element for voltage peak suppression.
The 300-A type features a clamp inner diameter of 24 mm and is suitable for high current applications such as the energy management systems (EMS) in buildings, factories and stores (BEMS, FEMS, SEMS). It achieves its high current rating thanks to its optimized sensor shape and the high-performance ferrite material developed especially for current sensors. The 80-A type employs the same material as the existing 100-A and 30-A types of the CCT series products. Its clamp inner diameter is 10 mm.
Thanks to their snap-on clamp design, CCT current sensors can be quickly and easily installed in existing power distribution panels. Mass production of the new types will begin shortly.
- Power distribution panels of energy management systems (EMS) for homes, buildings, factories and stores (HEMS, BEMS, FEMS, SEMS)
Main features and benefits
- Quick and easy installation in existing power distribution panels
- Integrated open-circuit protection element for voltage peak suppression
- Automated winding and soldering processes assure a stable supply of high quality sensors
Type Maximum AC
current [ARMS] *
current [mA] ±1% *
CCT261631-30-06 30 10 492 CCT272440-80-10 NEW 80 26.6 352 CCT323047-100-16 100 33.3 285 CCT354571-300-24 NEW 300 100.0 103
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's portfolio includes electronic components, modules and systems* marketed under the product brands TDK and EPCOS, power supplies, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2015, TDK posted total sales of USD 9.0 billion and employed about 88,000 people worldwide.
- * The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites, inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors.
- Product with background (jpg: 1.6 MB; 96dpi)
- Product without background (jpg: 1.6 MB; 96dpi)
- Press release (pdf: 89.0 KB; )
- Press release (rtf: 538.3 KB; )
- Further information on the products can be found under http://product.tdk.com/en/catalog/datasheets/sensor_current_cct_en.pdf.
Contacts for regional media
|Japan||Mr. Akira Teshima||TDK Corporation
|ASEAN||Ms. Jiang MAN
Mr. Shota KANZAKI
|TDK Singapore (Pte) Ltd.
|+65 6273 5022||TDK.ASEANfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Greater China||Ms. Clover XU||TDK China Co., Ltd.
|+86 21 61962307||TDK.PR-CN@tdk.com|
|Europe||Mr. Frank TRAMPNAU||TDK Europe GmbH
|+49 211 9077 email@example.com|
|America||Ms. Sara M. LAMBETH||TDK Corporation of America
Irving, TX, USA