Apr. 17, 2014
TDK Corporation announces the development of the CCT series of clamp AC current sensors, whose two types are rated for up to 30 A and up to 100 A, respectively. They are thus suitable for power distribution panels in a variety of energy management systems. Thanks to their snap-on clamp design the new CCT current sensors can be quickly and easily installed in existing power distribution panels. The new clamp AC current sensors have an integrated open-circuit protection element for voltage peak suppression and offer maximum output currents of 10 mA and 33.3 mA for the 30 A and 100 A types, respectively. Mass production of the CCT series began in April 2014.
Local power generation and storage are playing an ever important role in all sorts of locations and facilities. Current sensors are key components in systems for power visualization and energy management because they enable the accurate measurement of power and thus the more efficient management of energy usage. The new CCT series clamp AC current sensors is designed for use in the power distribution panels of energy management systems (EMS) for homes, buildings and stores (HEMS, BEMS, SEMS).
To manufacture the new CCT series TDK has adopted the proprietary design features and automated winding and soldering techniques that were developed for the proven ZCAT series of clamp EMC components. This ensures a stable supply of high quality current sensors for manufacturers of energy management systems.
- Power distribution panels of energy management systems (EMS) for homes, buildings and stores (HEMS, BEMS, SEMS)
Main features and benefits
- Clamp design allows quick and easy installation in existing power distribution panels
- Integrated open-circuit protection element for voltage peak suppression
- Automated winding and soldering techniques assure a stable supply of high quality sensors
Type Maximum AC current
current [mA] *
CCT261631-30-06 30 10 492 CCT323047-100-16 100 33.3 285
* 50/60 Hz
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's portfolio includes electronic components, modules and systems* marketed under the product brands TDK and EPCOS, power supplies, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and others. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2013, TDK posted total sales of USD 9.1 billion and employed about 80,000 people worldwide.
- * The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites, inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors.
- Product with background (jpg: 1.0 MB; 350dpi)
- Product without background (jpg: 2.0 MB; 350dpi)
- Press release (pdf: 70.4 KB; )
- Press release (rtf: 151.4 KB; )
- Further information on the products can be found under www.tdk.co.jp/tefe02/sensor_current_cct_en.pdf.
Contacts for regional media
|Japan||Mr. Tetsu NAKANISHI||TDK Corporation
|ASEAN||Ms. Jiang MAN
Mr. Shota KANZAKI
|TDK Singapore (Pte) Ltd.
|+65 6273 5022||TDK.ASEANfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Greater China||Ms. Clover XU||TDK China Co., Ltd.
|+86 21 61962307||TDK.PR-CN@tdk.com|
|Europe||Mr. Frank TRAMPNAU||TDK Electronics Europe GmbH
|+49 211 9077 email@example.com|
|America||Ms. Sara M. LAMBETH||TDK Corporation of America
Irving, TX, USA