Sustainability | SocietyEmployee Performance Data
|Employment||Consolidated number of employees||Persons||91,648||99,693||102,883||104,781||107,138|
|Asia except Japan||71,767||78,495||80,125||82,061||84,624|
|Consolidated number of emplovees(non-regular)*2||Persons||39,352||33,614||31,831||28,705||25,173|
|Number of employees (TDK Corporation)||Persons||4,542||4,644||5,055||5,330||5,523|
|Average age (TDK Corporation)||Years||43.3||44.8||43.7||43.8||43.4|
|Continuous service (TDK Corporation)||Years||20.4||20.8||19.8||18.9||17.8|
|Recruitment of new graduates (TDK Corporation)*3||Persons||140||158||177||225||145|
|Mid-career recruitment (TDK Corporation)||Persons||41||81||82||110||98|
|Job leavers/dismissals (TDK Corporation)*4||Persons||48||63||60||73||81|
|Work-life balance||Employees taking child care leave (TDK Corporation)||Persons||24||18||27||23||35|
|Ratio of employees returning to work||%||100||100||100||100||100|
|Paid leave acquisition rate (TDK Corporation)||%||56||58.9||60.4||60.7||62.5|
|Number of employees taking nursing care leave (TDK Corporation)||Persons||2||0||0||3||3|
|Diversity||Ratio of women in managerial posts (TDK Corporation)*5||%||3||3.9||4.1||3.9||4.4|
|Ratio of women in junior management positions (TDK Corporation)*6||1.6*17||2.2|
|Ratio of women in senior management positions (TDK Corporation)*6||0.9||0.7|
|Ratio of employees with disabilities (TDK Corporation)||2.55||2.45||2.28||2.19||2.16|
|Staff training||Annual training hours per employee*6,*7||Hours||17.4||49.0|
|Number of employees who completed Territorial Career Development Program (TCDP)*6,*8||Persons||96||101|
|Number of GAMP, global management program graduates*6,*9||Persons||17|
|Number of participants in the global English training program*6,*8||Persons||2,442||3,613|
|Education and training expenses||million yen||214||242||239||239||285|
|Cumulative total of participants in cross-cultural communication programs||Persons||473||506||525||525||525|
|Cumulative total of participants in IMD training||Persons||307||328||350||373||373|
|Cumulative total of participants in overseas trainee program||Persons||23||28||32||35||40|
|Cumulative total of engineers sent to overseas universities||Persons||42||44||47||49||49|
|Freedom of Association||Ratio of employees represented by a union or covered by collective bargaining agreements*6,*10||%||75.1||72.3|
|Employee Engagement||Ratio of employee job satisfaction (TDK Corporation)*11||%||94.9||95.1||93.8||93.4||93.6|
|Health and safety||Number of on-the-job Accidents (Japan) Lost Time Work Accident Case||Cases||379||362||336||318||212|
|Number of accidents not requiring time off work||106||99||141||129||72|
|Number of accidents requiring time off work*12||273||263||195||189||140|
|Asian(other than Japan and China)||45||48||48||58||20|
|TDK Electronics (previously EPCOS)||89||96||89||93||64|
|Number of significant labor accidents*13,*14||0||0||0||0|
|Ratio of accidents per 1,000 employees*15||3.42||3.21||3.00||2.79||1.80|
|Accident Severity Rate (Japan)*16||0.016||0.007||0.005||0.004||0.017|
- *1 Data collected from FY2017 onward.
- *2 Coverage is part time workers, temporary workers and manufacturing staff who work for subcontractors.
- *3 Employees who joined the company in April of the following year
- *4 Regular employees only (excluding retirees)
- *5 Managerial posts defined as posts having subordinates, or equivalent posts
- *6 Data collected from FY2018 onward.
- *7 Covers programs run by the Global Human Resources Division
- *8 The program was started from FY2018.
- *9 The program was started from FY2019.
- *10 Some countries and regions where it is difficult to know whether employees are represented by a union are not included.
- *11 Percentage of employees who chose the top two grades (2-3) on a three-point scale based on the job satisfaction survey.
- *12 One day or more off from work required.
- *13 Data collected from FY2016 onward.
- *14 Significant labor accident: an accident with remaining disability, required long-term nursing, or fatality
- *15 Covers employees including dispatch workers
- *16 Number of days lost per 1,000 hours worked
- *17 FY2018 data has corrected due to mistake