Sustainability | Society | Respect for Human RightsTDK Group Policy on Human Rights
The TDK Group aims to "Contribute to culture and industry through creativity" by directly engaging in revitalizing and protecting the global environment and creating a pleasant and safe society. Based on the values represented in the TDK Code of Conduct, we respect the human rights of our stakeholders and recognize the potential impact of our various corporate activities on human rights. We also recognize the need for carrying out business in such a way as to reduce that impact. Based on this understanding we commit to respect for human rights through the following efforts.
- We respect international standards of human rights including the International Covenants on Human Rights and the International Labor Standards and strive to uphold them.
- If domestic laws in the applicable region are incompatible with the International Covenants on Human Rights, we will do our best to resolve issues so that international principles of human rights are respected.
- human rights are respected. We take measures to raise awareness of human rights, provide education and develop competency among all of our directors and employees.
- We carry out due diligence to address actual or potential impact on human rights due to our corporate activities.
- If our corporate activities have caused a negative impact on human rights, either directly or indirectly, we will redress the situation or do our best to cooperate in redressing the situation so that it does not occur again.
- We ask our business partners and other stakeholders involved in the value chain to fulfill their responsibility to respect human rights and ask them through dialogue and discussion to take appropriate measures if those efforts are insufficient, based on the TDK Code of Conduct.
Established on August 2, 2016
President & CEO