|Employment||Consolidated number of employees||Persons||88,076||91,648||99,693||102,883||104,781|
|Asia except Japan||69,222||71,767||78,495||80,125||82,061|
|Consolidated number of emplovees(non-regular)*2||Persons||46,473||39,352||33,614||31,831||28,705|
|Number of employees (TDK Corporation)||Persons||3,763||4,542||4,644||4,824||5,330|
|Average age (TDK Corporation)||Years||43||43.3||44.8||43.7||43.8|
|Continuous service (TDK Corporation)||Years||20.3||20.4||20.8||19.8||18.9|
|Recruitment of new graduates (TDK Corporation) *3||Persons||61||140||158||177||225|
|Mid-career recruitment (TDK Corporation)||Persons||26||41||81||82||110|
|Job leavers/dismissals (TDK Corporation)*4||Persons||63||48||63||60||73|
|Work-life balance||Employees taking child care leave (TDK Corporation)||Persons||13||24||18||27||23|
|Ratio of employees returning to work||%||100||100||100||100||100|
|Paid leave acquisition rate (TDK Corporation)||%||54.3||56||58.9||60.4||60.7|
|Number of employees taking nursing care leave (TDK Corporation)||Persons||1||2||0||0||3|
|Diversity||Ratio of women in managerial posts (TDK Corporation) *5||%||3.6||3||3.9||4.1||3.9|
|Ratio of women in junior management positions (TDK Corporation)*6||5.8|
|Ratio of women in senior management positions (TDK Corporation)*6||0.9|
|Ratio of employees with disabilities (TDK Corporation)||2.52||2.55||2.45||2.28||2.19|
|Staff training||Annual training hours per employee *6, *7||Hours||17.4|
|Number of employees who completed Territorial Career Development Program (TCDP) *6, *8||Persons||96|
|Number of participants in the global English training program *6, *8||Persons||2,442|
|Education and training expenses||million yen||203||214||242||239||239|
|Cumulative total of participants in cross-cultural communication programs||Persons||426||473||506||525||525|
|Cumulative total of participants in IMD training||Persons||285||307||328||350||373|
|Cumulative total of participants in overseas trainee program||Persons||19||23||28||32||35|
|Cumulative total of engineers sent to overseas universities||Persons||39||42||44||47||49|
|Freedom of Association||Ratio of employees represented by a union or covered by collective bargaining agreements *6, *9||%||75.1|
|Employee Engagement||Ratio of employee job satisfaction (TDK Corporation) *10, *11||%||94.9||95.1||93.8||93.4|
|Health and safety||Number of on-the-job Accidents (Japan)
Lost Time Work Accident Case
|Number of accidents not requiring time off work||112||106||99||141||129|
|Number of accidents requiring time off work*12||323||273||263||195||189|
|Asian(other than Japan and China)||63||45||48||48||58|
|TDK Electronics (previously EPCOS)||134||89||96||89||93|
|Number of significant labor accidents *13, *14||0||0||0|
|Ratio of accidents per 1,000 employees*15||3.67||3.42||3.21||3||2.79|
|Accident Severity Rate (Japan)*16||0.014||0.016||0.007||0.005||0.004|
- *1 Data collected from FY2017 onward.
- *2 Coverage is part time workers, temporary workers and manufacturing staff who work for subcontractors.
- *3 Employees who joined the company in April of the following year
- *4 Regular employees only (excluding retirees)
- *5 Managerial posts defined as posts having subordinates, or equivalent posts
- *6 Data collected from FY2018 onward.
- *7 Covers programs run by the Global Human Resources Division
- *8 The program was started from FY2018.
- *9 Some countries and regions where it is difficult to know whether employees are represented by a union are not included.
- *10 Data collected from FY2015 onward.
- *11 Percentage of employees who chose the top two grades (2-3) on a three-point scale based on the job satisfaction survey.
- *12 One day or more off from work required.
- *13 Data collected from FY2016 onward.
- *14 Significant labor accident: an accident with remaining disability, required long-term nursing, or fatality
- *15 Covers employees including dispatch workers
- *16 Number of days lost per 1,000 hours worked