TDK Occupational Health and Safety Charter
TDK occupational health and safety charter applies to every organization in the TDK Group worldwide.
Basic Principle of Occupational Health and Safety
In order for our employees to perform their duties under the best conditions, the TDK Group is committed to occupational health and safety management by working together to ensure a safe and healthy working environment as the primary responsibility of our business.
Occupational Health and Safety Policy
Based on the basic principle of occupational health and safety, the TDK Group shall enhance occupational health and safety actions that will enable the proper response to changes in production patterns, new technology, and working environment, in order to promote "zero" risk in the workplace and prevent job-related injury and ill health with the participation of all employees.
- We shall provide necessary management resources and assure continual improvement in the occupational health and safety management system and related performance which shall be reviewed regularly or as necessary.
- We shall establish voluntary standards for improving our management system to comply with all regulations and other agreements relating to occupational health and safety.
- We shall continuously reduce risks by evaluating risks arising from hazards, setting objectives, and making efforts to minimize risks within the scope of our activities.
- We shall build a framework for achieving the effective functioning of the occupational health and safety management system with clearly defined responsibilities.
- We shall educate and train each level of employee to enhance all employees' comprehension and awareness in making a safe and healthy working environment.
- We shall respect employees' opinions concerning occupational health and safety through effective communication, and provide necessary information and assistance to suppliers and subcontractors about occupational health and safety while they are on TDK premises.
- We shall improve the work environment and assist toward employees' health maintenance and enhancement of employees livelihood by promoting "physical and mental health" as essential elements for employees' wellbeing.
Established July 1, 2003
Revised April 1, 2011 (Rev. 4)