Background of Goals
TDK is tackling the reduction of CO2 emissions in logistics with the aims of contributing to the control of global warming, improving transportation efficiency, and reducing transportation costs.
In Japan, TDK set up a committee to improve energy conservation in distribution in fiscal 2006, when the revised Energy Conservation Act went into effect, and is making efforts to reduce logistics-related energy.
Fiscal 2018 Goals and Achievements
- Reduce the amount of CO2 emissions in logistics by 3.0% of FY 2014
- Reduced by 3.2% compared with FY2014
Main activities and measures
- Implement the energy saving activities (e.g. review of delivery center)
- Review the international transportation methods
- Broaden routes calculated CO2 emissions in logistics
CO2 emissions in logistics in FY2018 reduced by 13.0% compared to the previous FY to 4,838 tons and reduced by 3.2% compared with FY2014. Thus, the goal was achieved.
Trend of CO2 Emissions in logistics (Japan)
- * Calculated in accordance with Japan’s Energy Saving Act
TDK will expand its survey of CO2 emissions in logistics to overseas sites and endeavor to promote their reduction in the TDK Group as a whole.
- Modal shift
- Better efficiency of inter-plant transportation through the concentration of production sites