Information contained in the news releases are current as of the date of the press announcement, but may be subject to change without prior notice.
October 11, 2011
TDK Corporation announces the damage to its consolidated subsidiaries in Thailand caused by the flood due to heavy rain since July as follows.
- Outline of consolidated subsidiaries
(1) Company name TDK Thailand Co., Ltd. Rojana Plant (2) Location Rojana Industrial Park, Ayutthaya, Thailand (3) President Takeshi Koeda (4) Business Processing and manufacture of rare-earth magnets, recording media, and sensors
- Note: The Wangnoi Plant of TDK Thailand is unaffected by the flood and suffered no damage at the moment.
(1) Company name Magnecomp Precision Technology Public Co., Ltd.
(2) Location Rojana Industrial Park, Ayutthaya, Thailand (3) President Albert Ong Kim Guan (4) Business Manufacture of HDD suspensions
- Note: The Wangnoi Plant, which is the main plant in Thailand for Magnecomp Precision Technology is unaffected by the flood and suffered no damage at the moment.
- Current state of damage
Due to the flood this time, both plants are immersed in water and operation is currently suspended. The extent of damage is not known, for access to the site is not possible. The details will be announced when available.
- Impact on the performance of TDK
The value of damage caused by the flood this time and its impact on the performance of TDK as a whole will be announced when available.
For further information, contact the Corporate Communications Dept.