Information contained in the news releases are current as of the date of the press announcement, but may be subject to change without prior notice.
- Rated current up to 2.5 higher than that of existing products
- Mass production starting in February 2011
February 17, 2011
TDK-EPC, a group company of the TDK Corporation, has developed a TDK multilayer ferrite coil (MLZ2012-H series) in case size EIA 2012 with a rated current that is 2.5 times higher than existing products. With a current capability of up to 700 mA at 1.0 μH and dimensions of just 2.0 x 1.25 x 1.25 mm3, the MLZ2012-H series is ideally suited for decoupling in compact electronic devices such as notebook computers and digital still and video cameras. Mass production of the coil begins in February 2011.
The improvement in the coil’s key performance characteristics over the existing product (MLZ2012-W) was achieved through the use of advanced proprietary ferrite materials with an optimized multilayer structure. This was made possible by the precise control of the enamel physical properties and allows a further improvement of the coil design and superior DC superimposition characteristics on a par with those of wire wound-type coils. As a result, the MLZ2012-H has the industry’s* highest rated current for 2012-size multilayer ferrite coils that can be used for decoupling. The inductors are available with inductance values of 1.0 to 10 μH with a tolerance of ±20 percent. At DC resistance values of 0.1 to 0.68 Ω (±30 percent) the current range is between 200 and 700 mA.
The MLZ2012-H series coils take advantage of TDK-EPC’s leading-edge multilayer technology and can even be designed into circuits where previously only wire wound coils could be used.
- *As of February 2011, according to TDK-EPC research
- Decoupling: prevents the effects of current fluctuations from spreading to other parts of a circuit (coupling).
- DC superimposition characteristic: phenomenon in which a direct current causes magnetic saturation to occur and inductance to drop.
- Decoupling in compact electronic devices such as digital still cameras, video cameras, and notebook computers
Main Features and Benefits
- Rated current is 2.5 times higher than that of existing products and equivalent to that of wire wound coils.
- RoHS compatible and suitable for lead-free soldering.
MLZ2012M1R0H 2.0 x 1.25 x 1.25 1.0 0.10 700 MLZ2012M2R2H 2.2 0.16 400 MLZ2012M4R7H 4.7 0.34 300 MLZ2012M100H 10 0.68 200
- *Tolerance ±20 percent
- **Tolerance ±30 percent
About TDK-EPC Corporation
TDK-EPC Corporation (TDK-EPC), a TDK group company, is a leading manufacturer of electronic components, modules and systems headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. TDK-EPC has emerged from the combination of the electronic components business of TDK and the EPCOS Group and markets its products under the product brands, TDK and EPCOS.
The product portfolio includes ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites and inductors, high-frequency components such as surface acoustic wave (SAW) filter products and modules, piezo and protection components, and sensors. With this product spectrum TDK-EPC offers a broad range of products and solutions of outstanding value from a single source and focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and automotive, industrial and consumer electronics. The company has design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America.
- Product with background (JPG: 496 KB; 350 dpi)
- Product without background (JPG: 392 KB; 350 dpi)
- Press release (PDF: 129 KB)
- Press release (RTF: 175 KB)
Contacts for regional media
|Japan||Mr. Yoichi Osuga||TDK Corporation
|ASEAN||Ms. Tomoko Kameda||TDK Singapore (Pte) Ltd.
|+65 6273 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Greater China||Ms. Clover XU||TDK China Co., Ltd.
|+86 21 email@example.com|
|Europe||Mr. Frank Trampnau||TDK Electronics Europe GmbH
|+49-(0)211 9077 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|America||Ms. Sara M. Reynoso||TDK Corporation of America
Irving, TX/ USA